The Saint Titus church is located in the center of Heraklion, close to the famous Morosini Lions Fountain and the Venetian Loggia.
Saint Titus was Greek and was a Christian missionary and disciple of Apostle Paul. Apostle Paul stopped in Crete around 62-63 AD to preach, but his stay was short, hence the establishment of the first Cretan church was assigned to Tito.
The first church of Saint Titus had only one room, but during the Venetian occupation of the island, some modifications have taken place and expanded the building.
When Crete fell to the Turks in 1669, the relics of the temple were fled to Venice which were later returned to Crete in 1966.